Developmental Psychology Research Paper
The intent of the final paper is to show students’ accomplishment of course learning outcomes through critical analysis of theory and research.
Focus of the Final Paper
• Provide a summary of three major development theories discussed in the text.
• Include discussion and at least one example of using each theory in mental health treatment of children and/or adolescents.
• Compare and contrast by indicating at least four similarities and at least four differences of the three theories in how they account
for normal child and adolescent psychological and physical development versus non-normal psychological and physical
development in children and adolescents. Areas to be discussed in development are physical, cognitive, and psychosocial.
Evidenced-based research is to be provided supporting all theoretical positions.
This is a formal eight-to-ten page double-spaced research paper (excluding title and reference pages). You must include 5-7 scholarly resources. The paper needs to be in APA format.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
• Must be eight-to-ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page, reference page, and any appendices) and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
• Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
• Must include an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
• Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
• Must include a conclusion.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.