ETH 376 Week 2 LTA Ethicality of Accounting Activities
Resource: Case 2-1, Cynthia Cooper and WorldComin Ch. 2 of Ethical Obligations and Decision Making in Accounting
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper evaluating the ethicality of the Cynthia Cooper and WorldCom case. As a team, identify and discuss the accounting activities involved in the case.
· Selectthe key accounting activity involved in the case.
· Evaluate the accounting activity in terms of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
· Determine how the accounting activity was or was not equitable to internal and external stakeholders.
· Determine which aspects of this accounting activity were ethical or unethical.
· Identify the key individuals in this case. Each team member must select a different individual from the case to explain his or her ethical or unethical actions and how those actions influenced the events that occurred.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.