This paper of ACCT 553 Week 3 Quiz comprehends:
1. (TCO A) A taxpayer may litigate a tax dispute without first paying the tax in the:
2. (TCO F) A business bad debt is deductible for tax purposes as a(n):
3. (TCO I) Under the cash method of tax accounting, tax deductions are generally taken when:
4. (TCO A) Which of the following constitutes tax evasion?
5. (TCO C) Which of the following items is not subject to federal income tax?
6. (TCO B) Sam owes Bob $8,000. Bob cancels (forgives) the debt. The cancellation is not a gift, and Sam is bankrupt. Which of the following statements is correct concerning the impact of this transaction?
7. (TCO I) Johnny, a cash basis taxpayer, owns two rental properties. Based on the following information, compute the amount that he must include in his 2012 gross rental income.
8. (TCO F) Section 197′s intangible assets, such as patents and trademarks, are amortized for tax purposes over:
9. (TCO E) Explain the constructive receipt doctrine.
10. (TCO G) Answer the following questions concerning the sources of tax law.